Portsmouth Yoga will be offering Yoga Teacher Training from 2014. If you are interested in knowing more & meeting the Tutors for the course, Lucy & Donna will be holding an open morning on Saturday 1st February 2014 at the Everybody Pilates Studio in Southsea, Portsmouth.
The course begins with a foundation year: this is non-vocational and will not confer a qualification to teach nor entitle you to insurance for teaching as a student. Yoga practitioners who simply wish to undertake further study and gain deeper knowledge of the philosophy of yoga, and to develop or deepen their personal practice are welcome to study on this part of the course with no obligation to continue.
Should you wish to become a fully qualified, insured yoga teacher, on successful completion of the foundation year you will be eligible to continue your studies with a vocational diploma course, which must be completed within 2 years, which will include one year with student teacher insurance to allow you to begin teaching and undertake case studies.
The Foundation Year will include:
Introduction to Hatha Yoga
• Nature of comprehensive Hatha Yoga
• History of yoga
• Codes of yoga conduct (yamas & niyamas)
• History of postures
- The nature and history of Yoga postures and their benefits and cautions
- Sequences of postures
- The nature, use and control of pranic energy
- Breathing techniques
- Basic techniques of complete yoga relaxation
- Introduction to the anatomy and physiology of Yoga postures
• The nature of the mind
• Sense withdrawal
• Yoga philosophy and its therapeutic value
• Eight Limbs
• Raja Yoga
• Bhakti Yoga
• Gnana Yoga
• Karma Yoga
• Mantra yoga (including chanting)
• Kundalini and Laya Yoga (including Chakras)
More information can be obtained by contacting Lucy.